Monday, March 4, 2013

Merry Monday Christmas Card Challenge #52-Welcome to Tracey McNeely

Welcome to my weekly Christmas card Challenge called "Merry Monday"! Each week, I post a challenge to inspire you to create a Christmas card for your Christmas card stash! I have a design team of 10 lovely ladies and we are all working on getting a Christmas card done each week! Thank you to Judy May for being our Featured Designer for February!!! You did an amazing job and we loved stamping with you! March is here and I am excited to welcome fellow Canadian, Tracey McNeely, to our Merry Monday family as our Featured Designer for the month!!!



I asked Tracey to share a bit about herself.


Hi I'm Tracey McNeely and I am so thrilled to be the Featured Designer for the month of March here at Merry Monday.  I live in Oshawa, Ontario and have been married to my very supportive high school sweetheart for almost 22 years. I am Mom to Ben, 18 and Brooklyn, 15.  After teaching high school for nearly 17 years I left my job 5 years ago because I have MS and working even part time was too difficult.  Now I am a SAHM to my children and 7 year old Havanese Sam.  I love travelling, cooking, reading and all things crafty.  With a passion for paper and stamps I have been making cards since my teens and scrapbooking now for about 7 years. I find that I am happiest in my studio creating projects that are clean and simple.  Playing with paper is definitely my creative outlet and very therapeutic.  I hope that I am able to share my love of paper crafting 
with you.



Our challenge this week is a Colour Challenge, feel free to use neutrals such as Kraft, Browns, White, Vanilla, Grays or skin colours. This week I had fun inking up an oldie but a goody! This was the first stamp set I ever purchased, I just love the holly branch. I also used my Music Note roller and some sponging on the sides...wanted this card to feel festive.


{Supplies Used}
Stamps: Stampin' Up 
Inks: Cherry Cobbler, Always Artichoke, Soft Suede
Papers: Cherry Cobbler, River Rock, Always Artichoke and Vanilla
Extras: Twine, Pearls, Embossing Folder, Corner Chomper

Welcome to our Guest Designer this week Katherine Elliot!! She won our challenge a couple of weeks ago! Would you like to be a Guest Designer? Be sure to play along, as our weekly winner is our next Guest Designer!

LeAnne PuglieseBonnie KlassNina Forsyth
Wendy AungstVicki BurdickSue Joyce

Sherry Eckblad
Narelle Farrugia
Katherine Elliot (GD)Margaret MoodyAllisa Chilton

12 comments:

  1. I have this set and it's still one of my favorites! I love it with the music rolled behind it! Such a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. woohoo congrats to Tracey...she is an amazing designer...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautful card Lesley, this stamp set is one of my favorites and I love the musical background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. I love the stamped image and the papers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh love your card Lesley!! I remember that set from long ago too! So pretty! I love the colors for this week and look forward to playing along! So fun to read about Tracey too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, I almost used this same set for my card! One of my favorites, and you have used it beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOOOOOOVE this card Lesley - from the music notes in the background, the layout to the image - it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Tracey!! So well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome cards ladies and yahoooo for Tracey!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card this week, Lesley! Love this stamp set and that pretty musical note background! Saving this to my fav's!!
    Have a wonderful week!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the musical background on your card lesley - it's just beautiful! And congrats for bringing Tracey on board! Looking forward to her pretty creations!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)