Saturday, August 25, 2012

The Friday Mashup {Thank You} and Cas-ual Fridays {Banners and Flags}


I got to play with paper today and some ink! Hooray! I saw the challenge over at the Friday Mashup and I was intrigued by the wonderful colours they have this week...Yellow, Navy, Turquoise, Suede and I added White...when I saw the design team samples, I knew I had to play! I loved how the colours looked when put together! I also saw the Cas-ual Fridays Challenge to use Banners and Flags

CFC67


So here is the "Mashup" Challenge:
  1. Make a project with the colors "Midnight Muse, So Saffron, Tempting Turquoise & Soft Suede".
  2. Or Make a "Thank You" project .
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a "Thank You project w/ the colors Midnight Muse, So Saffron, Tempting Turquoise & Soft Suede".
So I inked up the Papillon Potpourri set and used a sentiment from the retired hostess set "Because I Care". The sentiment is cut out using the small banners dies from Stampin' Up, I just cut off one of the flagged sides! Using the matching butterfly punch, I popped up one of the butterflies, and added some gemstone bling to it. I also used the edglit die to add some interest.



13 comments:

  1. Lesley, this is so pretty! Love all the butterflies and those colors together are WOW!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lesley, it's GORGEOUS! The white space is the perfect complement to all those yummy colours, and I think you've used the perfect stamp set. The popped-up butterfly, flagged sentiment, and edgelits die cut are lovely finishing touches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those butterflies are so pretty together. I like how you made one 3D as a focal point.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful bevy of butterflies, Lesley! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is so pretty! Love all those butterflies flying around the card - and such a beautiful use of the challenge colours. Lovely to see you at The Friday Mashup this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Lesley, this is GORGEOUS! I love the colors and adore how you've popped up just one butterfly. Wonderful card! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute, Lesley! You can't beat butterflies and bling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Lesley! This is beautiful! Love those butterflies in all the colors of the challenge. I am so glad to see you at the Friday Mashup this week!
    Hugs;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful color combo! Love that single popped up butterfly...such a gorgeous detail. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh I love the butterfly background you've created Lesley! The one butterfly popped up is a create touch as well. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lesley, your card is so beautiful and stylish! The movement in the stamped butterflies is just amazing. Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays this week :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your butterflies are beautiful, Lesley!! And especially how you gave one flight...sweet!! Thanks so much for sharing your creativity this week at CAS-ual Fridays:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is an amazing color palette - so fresh and fun and the simple banner sentiment is absolutely perfect! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays - we are so glad you did!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)