Sunday, February 19, 2012

CAS Balloons for Three Challenges

I have been dabbling in clean and simple cards, trying to add "less" but sometimes I find myself wanting to add more!  I used the colours from the Colour Q, the sketch from Cardabilities and the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge to create a party card with Ribbon.

Supplies Used:
Stamps: Celebrate from AMUSE
Inks: Basic Black
Paper: Tempting Turquoise, Real Red and Pretty in Pink, White
Extras: Word Window Punch, the Large Oval Punch and the 1 1/4" Circle Punch, 
Baker's Twine, 1/8" Vanilla Grosgrain

The ribbon is in Very Vanilla and the bow is tied with my stash of Baker's Twine, taken from the photo inspiration at Colour Q.  The balloons were created with my Word Window Punch, the Large Oval Punch and the 1 1/4" Circle Punch, all from SU!  I decided to round the bottom corner of my card for some interest.




12 comments:

  1. cute card! Love how you made the balloons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute balloons!! thanks for joining us at the ColourQ!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so so cute, love the balloons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lesley, very festive party card, love the balloons and the red framing on both sides of the card, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely card, Lesley, I love the shape of your card and those balloons are just so cute. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute---actually I thought they were popsicles---and now I want one! Love that you did CAS, and I think you did a wonderful job! Throwing the Very Vanilla in there was a challenge to me. Thanks for playing with the CQC colors this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super CUTE, Lesley! I love their little ribbon strings. :) Thanks so much for playing at CQC this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is seriously cute Lesley! The crimped balloons are such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really cute and fun! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute card! Love the texture you added to the balloons and stripe across the center of the card! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Inspiring simpicity, I like how you placed the sentiment in the corner. Thanks for joining us at Cardabilities.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how fun is this?!! Love the use of ribbon for the balloon strings - very clever! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays - we're so glad you did!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)