Sunday, October 23, 2011

CR84FN Challenge #41 {with deepest Sympathy}


I love the colour challenges over at CR84FN. The design team samples are jaw droppingly amazing!!  They are all so perfect and this week my creative juices were flowing as soon as I saw the beautiful soft colours.


I decided to use some pattern paper from the Bo Bunny et cetra pack...I have the 6x6 package and I love the soft colours in there. I found the main piece that I used for the card base and went from there.  I had these roses in my stash and they seemed to work.  I also used some lace ribbon, to add another accent element to the card.  I also added pearls all around the scalloped circle.

Something I rarely do is to stamp the sentiment on the scallop circle. Usually I would cut another circle out of cream coloured cardstock and then stamp on that.  I am happy with stamping on the Baja Breeze paper...it is something different for me!
 Thanks for stopping by!!!

13 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, a lovely sympathy card, these colours are indeed perfect for this theme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful - love the colors and the roses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty Sympathy card Lesley! Great choice of patterned paper and love the pretty flowers! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, very nice colours and your flowers very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lesley, this is just a PERFECT sympathy card! LOVELY paper choices and the pearls around the scallop are a FAB detail! LOVE the roses and the lace too!THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so pleased that you made such a beautiful sympathy card. Empathy and sympathy are great in the real world but how to make a card stumped me. Well it turned out beautiful. I will be taking some of your great ideas and incorporate into my cards. Your fan from Northern Ontario.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a perfect Sympathy card. Great colors and patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card and so appropriate for the occasion. Sympathy cards are always a challenge unto themselves. You did this one very well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sympathy cards are always so hard to make, but yours is just lovely - the paper and flowers are beautiful and the sentiment is just right. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely sentiment card. I love the dp's, the flowers, and the sentiment stamped on the blue cs is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty Lesley, love the cluster of flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful sympathy card, Lesley! Thanks for joining us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)