Sunday, August 21, 2011

Paper Players #60-CAS Sketch and Colours from Create with Connie and Mary

Sunday is here and that means it is time for another challenge from the Paper Players!  This week my dear friend LeAnne is the hostess and she has created an awesome sketch for us to try!  I love the clean lines to this sketch and love that she chose three images for the main focal point.


I needed some inspiration as to which set to pick!  I thought snowflakes, owls, cupcakes, buttons but then I was visiting Nance Leedy's blog and saw the current Create with Connie and Mary Colour Challenge which was to use Pacific Point, Tangerine Tango and So Saffron.  FUN!!  With those bright colours came the idea to use the Up, Up and Away stamp set. 

We hope that you will join the Paper Players Challenge this week!  Please be sure to visit the other DT Members to see their wonderful creations!
The Paper Players Design Team
Sandra Azzopardi
Carrie Gaskin GD

Thanks for stopping by!!!
Smiles,
Lesley





Supplies Used:
Stamps: Up, Up and Away and On Your Birthday
Inks: Tangerine Tango, Pacific Point and So Saffron (Basic Black accent)
Papers: Bold Brights DSP Collection, Pacific Point CS, Whisper White CS
Extras: So Saffron 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon, Small Dots Embossing Folder. Modern Label Punch and Word Window Punch

Up, Up and Away Set #122757 Clear Mount $22.95
Up, Up & Away - Clear-Mount Stamp Set - by Stampin' Up!

22 comments:

  1. Faulous, Lesley! I was going to use this set for the sketch challege, too...but your card put mine to shame! LOVE how you used the colors. So bold and bright! Big hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just the cutest---great way to incorporate the sketch and the colors! Up, up & awayyyyyy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this set is perfect for this sketch! I actually thought about using it too! (would have been funny if we all did!) but like AnneMarie, your card would have put mine to shame as well! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card--so crisp and clean!! And the colors are so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These balloons are so cute! Love the sketch and the colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable, Lesley! I love the colors you selected...so cheery and upbeat! You did a fabulous job with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card! It's so bright & cheery. The colors are fabulous together & the balloons are perfect for the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lesley LOVE this bright and cheery balloon card. the colors are wonderful and make you smile. Hugs. I did not get that set...yet... and evertime I see it I want it. (back on the wish list).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your balloons are so adorable and I also love the sketch this week on the PP site. Thanks for playing with us this week at Create with Connie & Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome card, Lesley - the colours are so fun and bright and I love how the middle balloon is askew!
    Hope your weekend was wonderful. The clock is ticking down!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an awesome card! I love this layout and the colors work perfectly for this stamp set! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lesley, these colors work so well for this set. As usual, a fabulous clean lined card. Love the strong colors and visual elements. Fabulous!
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lesley!! This set is perfect for the CCMC colors and you have really rocked LeAnne's sketch this week! Perfect take on both challenges and I love the pops of Pacific Point! Thanks for playing along with us at the CCMC--so glad you did! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card. I would consider this one masculine; however, it would be perfect for anyone. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So fun and I love the colors - perfect for this card and the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun card, Lesley! I love those hot air balloons and they look perfect in those colours!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fabulous card Lesley ... love the funky fresh colours, so so fitting for those hot bright balloons ... love your card and love the sketch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow...awesome card! I really need to get that set! Great job combining the color combo with that neat sketch! Thanks for playing along with us on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is probably one of my favorite new sets and it works perfectly with both the sketch and the color combo! I love when a plan comes together like this! Thanks for joining us this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the way you incorporated two challenges. Great stamp set for this challenge. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a wonderful use of the colours from CCMC and the PP sketch. I love the whimsy of those hot air balloons. Great job as always!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very pretty cards, Lesley. I love your style! Thank you for stopping by my blog and for your lovely comments x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)