Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Oh no!

So the past three days I have been away, doing some teacher prep stuff as school starts next Tuesday.  I decided to get a new phone that I can use on the internet and the gal at the phone store "helped" me to set up the phone.  I wanted access to my blog and to posting and to my emails.  Somehow, she managed to erase one of my folders on Picasa which is where blog photos are stored and how they appear on a blog.  I lost around 200 photos!  Gasp!  So if you go way back into my blog, there will be various photos missing throughout.  It is a terrible shame...sigh...

Thank you to everyone who emailed me these last couple of days to tell me that my photos were gone... I received lots of them and I appreciated it.  Unfortunately I was on the road and there was nothing I could do about it but I am VERY sad to have lost all this work I created.

I am just going to go onward from here and hope something like this NEVER happens again...

Smiles,
Lesley

11 comments:

  1. Aww, Lesley! :( I saw it earlier while I was visiting your blog from my iPhone...I thought it had something to do with the connection on my end. Ok,do you need me to come up there and deal with this gal who deleted your photos? Because I will! You just say the word... :) Big hugs, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no!!!! I would be devastated if that happened to me. My blog is my "safe place" for photos!!!

    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no is right! And I thought it was my wonky computer. I would say that you should at least get some free phone service out of this deal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how awful!!! Know this is terrible for you but just look on the bright side (after you "take care" of that lady) and just start all over I guess - there really isn't a bright side to that, is there!)
    Hugs, Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Lesley! I am so sorry. Linda even emailed me to see if it really was just her wonky computer. However, I will come up and talk to this lady, using my no-nonsense teacher voice. Even though I am retired, I still know how to use it!!! I'm closer than A-M, so I can be there sooner. I think an entire year of free phone service should be offered...or a second phone for free which you can give to me! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lesley I was directed to my Picasa file to delete some pictures by blogger because it said I had reached my limit. So I deleted some and they disappeared from my blog. It was very frustrating.I don't want to pay to add more pictures. I tried to take out ones that I had duplicate and got rid of them.
    I saw the sign the other day and I knew what happen. So sorry you had to deal with that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh, Lesley that's awful. I don't know if this is a strange coincidence or not, but I've been to three separate blogs the last few days where the pictures have disappeared and been replaced with the black rectangle and a triangle or dash in the center. Sooo, maybe the problem is with Picasa and not necessarily you in particular? Might be worth a google search.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh No.. I would of been so mad. Did you contact Google to see if maybe you can get them recovered? That is a bummer. Kuddos to a new phone though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was wondefring where your photos were, but thought it may have been my laptop, because I was getting hbumped off some site. Hope you can recover your pics...someone needs to make it right! {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh no!!!! maybe there is some way to get them back??? I have my pictures on my local Picasa..then sync them to the web...and back them up with Mozy...how stressful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)