Sunday, July 31, 2011

Paper Players Challenge- A Sketch by Nance

Wow!  Two weeks away from the computer has flown by and I am back!  My hubby and I had a great time on the Oregon Coast and then spent this past week fishing at a lake about 4 hours from our home.  It was lovely.  I have to say, I was pretty proud to be the lead fisher "person" with 3 fish caught!!  Yippee!  And they were BIG trout!  It was exciting and they were sure yummy cooked on the campfire!  Corey has the camera, he and his dad are off ocean fishing today, but I will add some photos of our trip(s) as soon as the camera is back!


Today at the Paper Players Nance has created a terrific sketch for us to try!  I made a card for it a LONG time ago, right when I first saw her wonderful sketch!  I changed up the ribbon placement, mostly because of memory problems, but I am happy with how the card turned out!!!  I hope you like it too! My card club made this card for their last class.  We were doing watercolouring, I used Tangerine Tango and Peach Parfait for my colour choices.


We hope that you will join the Paper Players Challenge this week!  Please be sure to visit the other DT Members to see their wonderful creations!


Thanks for stopping by!!!
Smiles,
Lesley

10 comments:

  1. Love take on the sketch Lesley! Beautiful watercoloring too and I love the en Francais background. Glad you had a wonderful time but happy you have you back too! You were missed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Lesley! Your color choices are so pretty, and your watercoloring is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was only today that I went looking through my following list to make sure you hadn't dropped off lol. Was wondering why you hadn't posted lately.

    Gorgeous card, as always!

    Glad to hear you had a great time away and congrats on your catch, that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Lesley! It sounds like you had a fantastic time away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back!! What a pretty card and I love the color combination you chose! Very summery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these colors--and this is a perfect image for watercoloring! Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Lesley, your card is awesome and I just loved the sketch this week. I didn't realize you lived on the Island too. My sister lives right by U of Vic. It would have been a blast too you. We will have to meet up next time for sure. Meeting a crafting friend would be a true highlight for me. wishing you a super week my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! I love the colors you used ... so soft & feminine! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card Lesley ... great colour scheme and your colouring is just gorgeous, love all the shading and highlights!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lesley, I love that you are never afraid to use bright colors. You really inspire the rest of us to do that. Your water coloring is fabulous!
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)