Thursday, December 30, 2010

Card Patterns Sketch Challenge 96 and Stampin' Celebration 33

I found a great sketch at the Card Patterns Challenge Blog.  I made my card square and changed the circle on the sketch design to a square.  I made the edges around my square with my scallop corner and edge punches to match the edge around the circle in the sketch design.

I also wanted to play with the Stampin' Celebration Challenge Blog who gave these gorgeous photos for inspiration.  This is the first time I have played one of their challenges!!  I went with Red and Black as my main inspiration, I noticed a few of their designers went with Red and Black too.  I loved the elegance of the photos and tried to match that with my card style. 


This is the card I created!!  I love this new flower die that will be coming out in January in the new mini-catalogue.  And the sentiment comes from a Hostess Level 3 set that I earned last year!  I inked it up in White Craft ink and then heat embossed it with White Embossing Powder to add some elegance. 

Thanks for stopping by!!
Smiles,
Lesley

4 comments:

  1. Oh!! So bold and bright - love it Lesley!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Classy and elegant! Love it! Great color selection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Lesley!! I love how the embossed white sentiment pops off the black. Very striking. Thanks playing along with us at the SCIC!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very bold, nice job! I am going to have to use the new flower die, because I just love the flower on your card! Thanks for plying at the SCIC blog with us!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)