Saturday, November 21, 2009

Colour Throwdown #69 and Christmas Wishes Card Class

These are the cards I designed for my Christmas Wishes Card Class #1. There will be another Christmas Card class on Friday, December 4th from 6-9pm. All information about this class is on my Stampin' Up Wesbite found here.This first card I designed for the Colour Throwdown #69 which was to use Real Red, Chocolate Chip, Vanilla and Old Olive which are all Stampin' Up colours. I embossed the Peace, Love, Joy sentiment from All Holidays with versamark, white embossing powder and my heat gun, all from SU! The main image is from the stamp set called Music Expressions and it is coloured with inks and a blender pen. This next card is made from 2 retired Stampin' Up sets that I love! Holiday Woodcuts and Peaceful Wishes. I used the Scallop Border Punch to highlight the poinsettias.This card was made with the Retired Peaceful Wishes set and the hostess set called Best Yet. The paper is Mellow Moss and Rich Razzleberry. I inked the stamp with my SU! markers and huffed it. Then I stamped off the image to give it a vintage feel. The green background is the Petals A Plenty embossing folder from SU! I used with the Big Shot. I tried a new technique which was Faux Stitching using the Mat Pack and the paper piercer. I love how this card turned out.This 4x4 square card uses the Penguin from the retired set Wild About You. The colours are Sahara Sand, Black and White. I also used a retired background set I had to create the background on the white panel and the ink is River Rock. The Scallop Circle Punch, 1 1/4" and 1 1/3" circle punches were also used to highlight the penguin. He is stamped in Basic Black.My final card is made with the Dasher Stamp and En Francais Background stamp. The Joy sentiment is from the Delightful Decorations stamp set and is punched out with the 1 1/4" circle punch.

Thank you for stopping by!
Happy stamping!
Lesley :)
To learn more about my upcoming Card Classes,
please visit my website.

4 comments:

  1. love all of those card--very well done!! I just had to comment on the "joy" part of the last card--love that you punched that out in a circle--you inspried me!! I am going to have to go give that a try!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy PRODUCTIVITY! I love ALL of these fab cards - terrific inspiration! I came to see your great use of the CTD colors and was not disappointed! Love how you used that set with these colors - FANTASTIC work! Yipee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great set of cards! I love how you used the Color Throwdown colors!! Thanks for playing along in the Color Throwdown with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are all stunning, fabulous style...great job....have a great weekend!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)